Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Old Dog, a poem by Clare


Old Dog

They will sit patiently by you,
Clare, 12. Page copied and pasted
from her blog.

Content to do nothing but nap,
They know you love them, and their funny quirks too,
Even when they cause a mishap.

Oh old dog, so good, so wise,
What secrets you hold, beyond those brown eyes?
I'll never know, I'll never know,

But how I love you so.

When you were a puppy,
So wild and free,
I'll never forget how patient you made me.
And when you ruined my afternoon tea!
Oh, puppy, a patient one you've made me.

And when it comes time for you to go,
I'll kiss you and say,

Oh old dog, so good, so wise,
You are, you are, my earthly prize.
I will always, always, always love you.
My old dog, so tried and true,
You can rest now, and peace be with you.

~Clare Howell








My Panea, almost at the
deadline for her breed's
lifespan (Rottweiler).



                            

No comments:

Post a Comment